Review: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Volume 1


Welcome to Ponyville, home of Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and all your other favorite Ponies! Something’s not right in the town though, as some of the inhabitants are acting very, very strange! It’s up to the Mane Six to find the source of the weirdness before it’s too late!



104 pages

Expected publication: May 21st 2013 by IDW Publishing

Genre: Fantasy, Graphic Novel


My review


vanilla-rating-5-stars

It all happened one day... when I was browsing NetGalley's new titles and I've seen this cute comic. As a huge fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic TV series, I just had to read this! It was exactly what I was looking for, maybe even better!

The drawings are incredibly cute, although a little bit different from how the ponies have been drawn in the actual show. The story really grabbed my attention from the very first pages and I couldn't wait to read the rest.
The wedding episode was my favourite one in the second season and I was thrilled to see more of the Changelings - they make awesome villains.

This comic about friendship and love is suited for all age groups, little children, as well as crazy people like me who are in love with the show. It also teaches patience, endurance, optimism and... what's most important... never giving up.
The dialogue is very well written. I actually read it in each pony's voice the entire time. I found myself laughing out loud every few pages.

You can't not love these amazing ponies, with their unique, different personalities, joined together by the magic of love.

P.S.: Pinkie Pie is by far my favourite character, with her random, cheerful personality.


semnatura

You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Comments