Mini-review: The Faery Hunt by Alexia Purdy

This is a short story by the author of Reign of Blood and A Dark Faerie Tale series. Includes the acclaimed poem 'Dark Light'.
Supernatural hunters and siblings Amy, Craig and Jay meet their match in the dark woods as they hunt clans of Faeries. Their job is to keep humanity safe, but when things take an unexpected turn, magic takes all.


Genre: Short Story, Fantasy

Kindle Edition, 10 pages

Published October 1st 2012 by Lyrical Lit. Publishing



Mini-review


vanilla-rating-2-stars


I picked this book up as it was free on Amazon. I usually like short stories, and this one was ok too, though I had higher expectations from it.


The descriptions were very detailed, and the plot intriguing, but for some reason I couldn't connect to the main characters, maybe partly because of how fast everything was happening.


There could be made a lot of improvements in how the story is developed. Why are the Faeries a danger for humanity? Why are Amy, Craig and Jay the ones who hold the responsibility of attacking them? While I'm ok with the mysterious ending, I think readers would have to know more background information to fully enjoy the story.





semnatura

You Might Also Like

5 comentarii

  1. I've seen your post and decided to also read this short story since I've been wanting to read something short :D. I agree that much could have been improved but given the fact that it was so short I found it really interesting and I liked the ending!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. It trully was interesting, but I still would've liked to find out more. 10 pages is kind of too little for what this short story was about. Extended, it could be really good.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. I like short stories too I too have read some that need more, giving just a little more is good. Or I feel in a novella sometimes too you can feel that you are being rushed somehow. Love the mini-review and I have cover love so I can see why you picked this book up.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. I'm not one for short stories because I can never connect to the characters. It's too bad you didn't like it more than you did.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. There are some short stories very well done. I think it's worth reading them in case I encounter more like those.

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Comments