Review: How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You


Bilingual review: ENG / RO



I picked up “How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You” out of sheer curiosity… and I’m glad I did. I can’t remember when I laughed so much just by reading a book, not to mention a graphic novel!

The book presents a series of themes revolving around cats, one of which giving its title. The majority of them made me burst out laughing and I even shed a few tears. “Cat vs. Internet” particularly amused me as it reminded me of the times when I used to video chat with my boyfriend and his Siamese kept interfering. Actually, all chapters were very funny and I think all cat owners will relate to the situations displayed.  There are a few jokes here and there that were more like joke wanna-be’s, but other than that, the book is hilarious.

The art is simple, yet creative and effective, adding even more to the fun factor. The whole idea of cats being “evil” and planning to take over the world is a joke in itself, but, let’s admit it, all of us thought of that at some point, even though just as a funny way of looking at things.

I recommend it to all cat-lovers out there, who will definitely have a good laugh and will conclude the same thing all the readers of this novel did: our cats are trying to kill us.

________________________________________________

M-am apucat să citesc “How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You” din pură curiozitate… şi mă bucur că am făcut-o. Nu-mi amintesc când am mai râs atât de bine ultima dată citind o carte, mai ales una ilustrată!

Cartea prezintă o serie de teme ce se învârt în jurul pisicilor, una din ele dându-i şi titlul. Majoritatea m-au făcut să izbucnesc în râs şi mi-au dat chiar câteva lacrimi. “Cat vs. Internet” m-a amuzat în mod special pentru că mi-a amintit de vremea când făceam videochat cu prietenul meu şi siameza lui îşi tot băga nasul. De fapt, toate capitolele au fost amuzante şi cred că aceia care au pisici se vor regăsi în situaţiile prezentate. Sunt câteva glume ici pe colo care mai mult doar vor să fie amuzante şi nu sunt, dar în afară de asta, cartea e hilară!

Desenele sunt simple, dar creative şi de efect, contribuind şi mai mult la amuzament. Idea în sine că pisicile sunt malefice şi plănuiesc să cucerească lumea e o glumă în sine, dar, să recunoaştem, fiecare dintre noi s-a gândit la asta la un moment dat, chiar dacă doar ca un mod amzant de a privi lucrurile.

Recomand cartea tuturor iubitorilor de pisici, care cu siguranţă se vor amuza copios şi vor concluziona acelaşi lucru ca toţi care au citit cartea asta: pisicile noastre încearcă să ne omoare.

You Might Also Like

3 comentarii

  1. Oh my word. How funny! Yes I've definitely thought that about my herd before. LOL. I'll have to check this one out :)

    I'll be back later to poke around a bit more. I'm working on Christmas Cards for the Turning the Pages group and wanted to see what everyone was up to :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    ~Anna

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. I would love to read this book! Nice review :D I sometimes look at The Oatmeal jokes and they're funny!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. I am so going to have to check this book out! I have to cats (and a lot of other pets). I think this one is going on my wishlist now!
    Great review Adela!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Comments