Review/Recenzie: Summer Night (Witchling Trilogy #1.5) - Lizzy Ford




*Oh... my God! Now how am I supposed to patiently wait until the 23rd of November for the sequel?!*

"Summer Night" is a novelette that introduces the second novel of the series, "Autumn Storm". It is a really welcome addition to the "Witchling Trilogy", as the first book ended in a HUGE cliffhanger. It picks up exactly from the point that "Dark Summer" ended, and it is written from the perspective of Beck and Rania.

One of the book's main role (apart from creating a continuity between the two main novels of the series) is to shed some light on certain aspects. For instance, why Sams acted the way they did, or, more importantly, what actually happened to Summer.

I am intrigued by the way the things are going and, if I thought before that the series was a little predictable... now I must admit that I haven't a clue where it is going... And this is a great plus.

Before I didn't quite like Beck as a character, but now I can understand his way of thinking and acting and I don't blame him for considering himself guilty for all that happened, even though I would say he's mistaken to have this kind of feelings. It's also a little bit ironic how Rania, as she herself admitted, once Mistress of Night and very powerful, is now hopeless.

I'm very enthusiastic right now and it's really hard not to spill out everything I read, but I am putting myself in your shoes and I know you don't want any spoilers that would ruin your discovery of the book's action. What I am going to say, however, is this: now that I read "Summer Night", I absolutely recommend you not to skip it, as it really contributes a lot to the whole development of the story.

_______________________

*Oh… my God! Şi acum cum se presupune că mai pot aştepta liniştită până în 23 noiembrie continuarea seriei? *

„Summer Night” este un mini-roman menit să facă legătura cu cel de-al doilea roman al seriei, „Autumn Storm”. E o adiţie bine-venită la trilogia Witchling, mai ales că primul volum ne-a lăsat în suspans la final. Continuă exact de unde s-a terminat „Dark Summer” şi este scris din perspectiva lui Beck şi a Raniei.

Unul dintre rolurile principale ale acestei cărţi (în afară de crearea continuităţii între cele două volume principale ale seriei) este de a ne lumina în privinţa câtorva aspecte. De exemplu, de ce creaturile Sam s-au comportat aşa cum s-au comportat sau, mai important, ce s-a întâmplat de fapt cu Summer.

Mă intrigă întorsătura pe care au luat-o lucrurile şi, dacă înainte mi s-a părut că serie e puţin previzibilă... acum recunosc că habar n-am ce urmează să se întâmple... Şi ăsta e un mare plus.

Înainte nu prea mi-a plăcut Beck ca şi personaj, dar acum înţeleg delul în care gândeşte şi acţionează şi nu-l învinovăţesc pentru faptul că se consideră vinovat de cele ce s-au întâmplat, deşi aş zice că e greşit să aibe astfel de sentimente. E puţin ironic că Rania, aşa cum a admis chiar ea, odată Stăpână a Nopţii şi foarte puternică, e acum lipsită de speranţă.

Sunt foarte entuziasmată momentan şi mi-e foarte greu să nu vă dezvălui tot ce am citit, dar mă pun în locul vostru şi ştiu că mie nu mi-ar plăcea să aflu lucruri care ar strica farmecul descoperirii acţiunii cărţii. Ce voi spune, însă, este asta: acum că am citit „Summer Night”, vă recomand din tot sufletul să nu săriţi peste acest mini-roman atunci când citiţi seria, pentru că are mare contribuiţie la dezvoltarea poveştii.

Summer Night on Amazon


You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Comments