Review: Super Secret Crisis War! Volume 1

Super Secret Crisis War! Volume 1 (Super Secret Crisis War! #1-5) 
by Louise Simonson, Derek Charm (Illustrator)
Paperback, 140 pages
Expected publication: January 20th 2015 by IDW Publishing


The devious demon Aku has called together a League of Extraordinary Villains - composed of malevolent miscreants from different cartoon universes. When their evil robots show up in the world's of The Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, and (even) Ed, Edd and Eddy, it's up to all these fearless heroes to band together and put an end to the League's nefarious plot of interdimensional conquest!


I still remember watching Cartoon Network as a kid. Back then, cartoons weren't dubbed in Romanian and my English knowledge wasn't good enough to understand what was happening. Still, the images were self-explanatory most of the times, and later on when they dubbed the cartoons I was already in love with, I was super excited to finally get everything as it was meant to be.

Probably one of my favourite kind of episodes were the crossovers. So you probably get why this comic volume was a must-read. While I only watched several Ben 10 and Samurai Jack episodes, the rest were series whose episodes I've seen all. 




The story in this one goes like this: Aku (the demon in Samurai Jack) creates the League of Extraordinary Villains. He is joined by Mandark, Mojo-Jojo and the bad guy from Ben 10 (I forgot his name). Their plan is to rule the worlds where the characters from Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack and Ed, Edd & Eddy live in - or destroy them if the heroes won't cooperate. Because you see, they kidnap them at the beggining because they're an important part of their plan.



But will they succeed? Of course not - good always wins. And this was the only flaw of this comic - it was way too predictable for my taste. I have to appreciate though that the characters are very true to the originals in both drawing style and personality. I even read the dialogues in their voices!




So if you like any of these shows (I think it's best if you are at least familiar with 2 or 3 of them) and you are looking for a quick, fun read, this comic is for you. 


Want to support my reviewer work? Like this review on Goodreads.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Comments